Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Facebook For The Birds



Dr. Sheldon Cooper may have disregarded his Facebook entirely, but he didn’t shy away from the Twitterverse. While following CBS and The Big Bang Theory twitters dotingly, I decided to dig a little deeper into the inner workings of Sheldon’s own twitter log.
And that Sheldon’s log. And that one. And that one.

Until upon my screen sit five Sheldon twitter accounts and I dare wonder to what lengths he’s stretched his impulsive organizing.

In reality, as I’m sure many of you have guessed, creating faux and “factual” Twitter accounts is a real and established pastime for many dedicated fans and hired hands alike. While some social media professions do list “tweeting as Sheldon Cooper” in their docket of daily duties, fanboys and fangirls find it in their hearts to do the favor for free; sometimes creating true-to-the-letter Twitter feeds, and other times expressly parodying the show and its characters. Another option? Offshoots! Step aside, Spock-Sheldon, on occasion fans may create Sheldon’s of the very parallel universes he so described.
Sounds like fun.

And so, words of wisdom from Sheldon’s many faces:

“If you tickle me, I am not responsible for your injuries.”
-- Sheldon Cooper (@SheldonSaid)

“Why I don't like people: 1%: Logical reason. 99%: I just don't.”
-- Sheldon Cooper (@SheldonOfficial)

“I didn't think it was hard to squeeze toothpaste tubes at the end, but apparently it is.”
-- Sheldon Cooper (@Sheldon_Cooper)

“I hate it when people pour my cereal. They don’t know how much I want. They don’t know my life. They don’t know what I’ve been through.”
-- Sheldon Cooper (@PeskySheldon)

All right, perhaps the Sheldon’s of the blogosphere have varying opinions and attention spans. But combined like so, they paint a pretty picture of our leading doctor.
What’s more, the doppelgangers don’t stop there—find a handful for the rest of the cast! At least, until the real characters show their colors this Thursday at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment