Friday, May 3, 2013

The Big Bang Query



I woke up this morning with a question in my brain. Usually they’re introspective, thought-provoking, insightful ponderings.
Today I wondered how many puns existed for my favorite sitcom shows.
After doing some Internet digging, I found a hearty list for all three that I couldn’t help but share with the rest of you. And I only hope you find them, and puns, as enjoyable as I do. Or wince-worthy. Depending on your inclination.

Big Bang Theory (Howard Wolowitz Puns):
“Hey girl, are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you are CuTE.”
(Whatever Tellurium is.)
“Do you love water? That means you love 80% of me.”
“You must be the square root of two, because I feel irrational around you.”

Leave it to the engineer to throw in the math jokes.

“I’m making a book about anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down!”

How I Met Your Mother:
“Why does Barney wear formal attire? It suits him.”
“I just met an awesome cow. It was udderly legen…wait for it…dairy.
(Wince.)
“I went to a wedding last week where the bride married a television. The ceremony was alright, but the reception was excellent!”

For a visual touch, a picture of a seagull with Marshall’s head: a Marshgull. Hyuck.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

"I can handle it, handle's my middle name. Actually it's the middle part of my first name."
(Courtesy of Chandler Bing.)
“The bride got a new name, and a dress.” (Think about it.)
“Chefs trade recipes on a knead to know basis.”
“I break into song if I can’t find the key.”

A pedestrian-crossing picture with Ross’ face posted inside.
“Use ROSSwalk.”


I had fun researching all the new jokes; it wasn’t a complete punishment.
…I tried.

If you have or have heard a better joke or pun, especially with original sitcoms or brand new shows, leave them in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment