Thursday, February 28, 2013

How To: F.R.I.E.N.D.S Reunion




What am I talking about, every reunion with friends is a party by itself! Though, of course, I mean pulling out all the stops: Friends themed decorations, food, DVDs.
Oh, did you think I meant your closest neighbors or co-workers? I’m referring to the famed Big Apple bunch that hijacked out 8 pm time slots for ten years. It’s a F.R.I.E.N.D.S festivity.

Let’s start with the:

·      Invitations

Make them something that says F.R.I.E.N.D.S without saying F.R.I.E.N.D.S. My recommendation? A faux wedding-invite for one of Ross’ many nuptials…perhaps writing a slightly-skewed variation of the guest’s name in place of their actual! Ouch.

Once the date is set and your six guests are allotted (no more, no less), time to think about the:

·      Decorations

Posters are the most eye-catching things, and if you’re aiming for the iconic décor from Monica’s own digs, you’ll definitely need to snag what Cool TV Props has to offer. How about the Jouets Poster from her living room wall?  Frame it over the TV alongside something else garnishing the DVD area…try Rachel Green’s Excelsior poster.

Why just these two? Because then you’ll secure the most important adornment of all, for free: the peephole keychain! You could buy the official mirror-sized version for your front door or main entrance, but the keychain makes a great keepsake, and travels anytime, anywhere.

Time to consider the:

·      Menu

Score your favorite New York snacks and sides for a session of F.R.I.E.N.D.S seasons DVD watching and reminiscing—just watch for any sticky cookbook pages. A good idea would be to get a brew of your favorite coffee or hot drink ready, served in cups with handmade Central Perk labels.

However you spin the theme, friends always like spending time with other F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
Sorry. Had to squeeze in one last pun.

No comments:

Post a Comment